Active Underwriting Specialists Pty Ltd (Active Underwriting Specialists) is bound by the privacy legislation the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (the Act).
Our aim is to provide excellent service in everything that we do. To that end, we have developed the following procedures for the fair handling of personal information.
Personal information is collected by us in order to appropriately address your insurance needs. Only information necessary for the completion of Active Underwriting Specialists's business or related activities will be collected. This includes information necessary to accept the risk, to assess a claim, to determine competitive and appropriate premiums, etc.
We may also sometimes collect personal information for the development of better products and services, and for conducting marketing and customer service research. We may sometimes share this information with our related companies in order to serve you better.
Firstly, we usually collect identifying information such as name, address, contact telephone numbers and email addresses. If you are applying for a product we may offer, we may also need to collect specific information that will enable us to supply that product to you. We will collect and store this information in a manner that allows us to assist you in the future.
Some products or services may require us to collect 'sensitive information', which may include (but is not limited to) your membership of associations, health data, criminal records. We will only collect this type of information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If you do not agree to provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to offer you the product or service you seek. How we collect personal information
Where possible we will collect information about you, from you or your chosen broker or from our authorised representative no 420190, Leisureinsure Australia Pty Ltd. If we obtain this information from other sources, we will take reasonable steps to advise you of this disclosure.
When you give Active Underwriting Specialists personal information about other individuals, we rely on you to have made or make them aware that you will or may provide their personal information to us, the types of third parties we may provide it to, the relevant purposes we and the third parties we disclose it to will use it for, and how they can access it. If it is sensitive information we rely on you to have obtained their consent on these matters. If you have not done or will not do either of these things you must tell us before you provide the relevant information.
Disclosing this Personal Information
This information will only be disclosed to third parties where the disclosure is reasonably required to carry out Active Underwriting Specialists's business or activities unless you have authorised otherwise (or if required by law).
Except where you have consented to it, we will limit the use and disclosure of any personal information provided to us by third parties about you, to the specific purpose for which the information was supplied.
Some examples of entities we may disclose personal information about you to include (but are not limited to) our authorised representative, Active Underwriting Specialists's brokers, reinsurers, Active Underwriting Specialists's underwriters, underwriting agents, Active Underwriting Specialists's Regulatory Division, loss adjusters, assessors, investigators, lawyers, insurance reference bureaus etc.
Security of your Personal Information
We will endeavour to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will need to transfer your personal information overseas in order to properly carry out our business.
Accuracy of and Access to your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information you provide is accurate, complete and up to date, whenever it is used, collected or disclosed.
You are entitled to access your information if you wish and request correction if required. We may request reasonable costs from you to cover retrieving and providing this information.
You may also opt out of receiving any marketing materials that may be sent by us by contacting us by email at
Complaints regarding the handling of your Personal Information
If you believe your privacy may have been prejudiced, you have the right to make a complaint about the matter. This may be done either verbally or in writing to Active Underwriting Specialists. We will investigate the matters raised by you and respond in writing within 15 working days.
Active Underwriting Specialists Asia Pacific
271-273 Wellington Road Mulgrave, Victoria, Australia 3170
Phone: (03) 8562 9100
+61 3 8562 9100 (Int.)
Fax: (03) 8562 9111
+61 3 8562 9111 (Int.)
If we do not resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, you have the option to have an external review of your issue.
Privacy Commissioner Telephone: 1300 363 992 (for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated for the hearing impaired only)
Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
The data protection notice may change and therefore you should review it regularly.
Consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended (the Act), Active Underwriting Specialists endorses fair information handling practices.
Any information provided, including identification of individuals, will be used only for the purpose for which it has been collected.
Email addresses provided via this site will only be used to respond to specific user queries and will not be added to any mailing lists, nor disclosed to any other party without users' knowledge and consent and as intended, unless required by law.
Active Underwriting Specialists is committed to continually improving this policy. This statement is subject to cyclic review.
This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site.
If you are submitting personal details, credit card numbers, or other information over the internet which you wish to remain private, please note that, while all attempts are made to secure information transmitted to this site, there is a possibility that information you submit could be observed by a third party while in transit.
When you visit this site, our server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical purposes only:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the address of the referring site (for example, the previous site that you visited);
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider's machines).
In addition, our server logs the following information:
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
- All of this information we use only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant.
Electronic mail addresses
- Active Underwriting Specialists will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message.
- It will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it, and will not be added to a mailing list unless you request that this be done. Active Underwriting Specialists will not disclose it without your consent. Subscriptions
- Some pages of this internet site provide the facility for users to subscribe to email mailing lists. To subscribe to these services users must provide a valid email address. These email addresses will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and you will not be added to any other mailing lists unless you specifically request that this be done.
- Email mailing list addresses are stored on a separate server and can only be accessed by authorised Active Underwriting Specialists staff.
- Your email address will not be disclosed without your consent.
Cookies and how they are used by us
- A cookie is an electronic token that is passed to your browser and your browser passes it back to the server whenever a page is sent to you.
- Our server generates multiple cookies, which is used to keep track of the pages you have accessed while using our server. The cookies allow you to page back and forwards through the web site and return to pages you have already visited. These cookies exist only for the time you are accessing our server.
- The table below explains the cookies we use and the purpose of their use.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including from where the visitors have come to our website from, the number of visitors to our website and the pages they visited.
Website cookie acceptance
Website webpages traffic cookie
This cookie is used to track users as they move through the website. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what people are looking for at our site, and to improve the services that we provide. Links to other sites
- This site contains links to other sites. Active Underwriting Specialists is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
- Our policy discloses the privacy practices for the Active Underwriting Specialists web site, however Active Underwriting Specialists does provide links to other web sites. When you leave the Active Underwriting Specialists Web site (http://www.Active Underwriting Specialists.com.au) you will be going to sites that are beyond our control. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information.
- The privacy policies and procedures described here for Active Underwriting Specialists do not apply to any external links. Active Underwriting Specialists encourages you to read the privacy policies of any site you link to from ours, especially if you share any personal information.
Contact detailsIf you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can contact:
Active Underwriting Specialists
271-273 Wellington Road Mulgrave, Victoria, Australia 3170
Phone: (03) 8562 9100 [+61 3 8562 9100 (Int.) ]
Fax: (03) 8562 9111 [+61 3 8562 9111 (Int.) ]